On a whim, I decided to start this blog to share my sewing projects and miscellaneous tips I’ve picked up on my sewing journey. Honestly, other than a point turner and a buttonhole cutter, I had never really branched out into the world of sewing notions until recently. So I decided to share a few of the things that make my life easier!
Sewing Buttonhole Cutter– I just found out my mom uses a seam ripper for cutting buttonholes but I’ve had this little guy since I took a beginning sewing class at The Smocking Bird like ten years ago.
- Glass-head pins–make ironing your garments with pins a breeze without having to worry about melting
- Gingher 6-inch Double Curved scissors– a tip from one of my favorite digitizers to keep your fabric super neat when you do the sweet vintage stitch appliqués
- Sewline Glue Pen–hands down my FAVORITE. THING. EVER. Use it for piping peter pan collars and NO PINS needed. Washes out with water💦
- Dritz Button Gauge/Point Turner –speaks for itself, makes those corners pop
- Gingher shears–any and all of them. I have about 5 different pair and I love every single one of them.
- Tensisters Piping Tool–allows you to cut your piping OR entredeaux at 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, or 5/8″. Honestly I live in the middle of nowhere and this gadget saves me the struggle of trying to match pre-made piping to outfits.
- Mark-B-Gone marking pen– the best marking pen that actually doesn’t mysteriously reappear after washing/ironing
- Mettler Web Bond Temporary Adhesive– my favorite spray for floating shirts/fabric for machine embroidery
- Last but not least–multiple seam rippers–because we all make mistakes and you can NEVER find one when you need it!